Missed the CM CEP session a couple of weeks ago because of technical issues with the livemeeting call which resulted in the fact that I couldn’t join the call. But as always you are able to download the recordings and the Powerpoint presentation.
Sr. Technical Product Manager Jeff Wettlaufer presented the overview of ConfigMgr 2012 Beta2.
System Center Configuration Manager 2012 is in the last view months of engineering and it will be out in the market in November this year.
- Empower people to be productive from anywhere on whatever device they choose
- Device freedom (keep you productive whatever device you use)
- Optimized, personalized application experience
- Application self-service
- Reduce cost by unifying IT management infrastructure (simplify IT infrastructure with technology integration in SCCM 2012)
- Mobile, physical, and virtual management (App-v and Citrix)
- Security & compliance
- Service Management Integration
- Improve IT effectiveness and efficiency
- Comprehensive client management capabilities
- Improved administrator effectiveness
- Reduced infrastructure complexity (flatten infrastructure)
The session was based on the three pillars mentioned above. Some nice demos were shown about the following subjects:
The ribbon is the new standard System Center User Interface.
- Application Model
- Demo of corporate desktop to deploy Office 2010 installation
- Demo of kioks desktop to receive a virtual Office 2010 application
- Application Catalog is better than in Beta1 🙂
- With filters
- It’s customizable
- Devices in the SCCM environment
- Under Assets and Compliance
- Depth Device Management (client, monitor and remediate, deploy and manage applications)
- Windows CE 5.2 / 6
- Windows Phone 5/6/7
- Light Device Management through Exchange (hosted and on premises, Active Sync, Discovery Inventory, Security Settings policies, Remote Wipe)
- IOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod)
- Blackberry is not supported
- Role based administration
- What you see is what you get.
- 13 roles out of the box and based on active directory
- Software updates
- Automatic deployment rules
- Configuration Baselines
- Auto enforce settings for settings
Next session is next Wednesday the 20th of April. If you want to see the demos, please go to the connect website of Microsoft.